Bosa

141 audio Reviews with Responses

All 187 Reviews

Very nice!

SUNSCREECH responds:

thank you, i checked your entry to round 1 and you're a super tough competitor! ^^

This is absolutely brilliant -- one of the best pieces I have heard here in a long time. It is so refreshing to listen to music composed by one who truly understands what sounds good. Listening to this .. you actually remind me of myself.

VociferousMusic responds:

Thanks for the praise! I'm very glad you liked that piece. :)

You should have contacted me and I would have gotten Asja Kadric for you lol

Seriously though, I am glad to hear you guys finished this at last. Very good rendition of one of my favourites of Soule's work.

Step responds:

Right! You've worked with Asja before haven't you? As amazing as it would've been to have her voice in the arrangement, I can't say the current singer didn't do the original justice!

Really awesome to get in touch with you again after so long, Bosa! Thanks a lot for dropping by :).

This has a very unique style to it, and has a good lyric structure.

Here are a few things you may improve on:

I know good recording equipment is quite expensive, but if you get some financial excess, you should consider investing in high quality mics. You can clean up the overall sound in your mastering and editing, but you'll have a more broadcast ready quality to your audio if you have higher quality mics.

I also wanted to hear more instruments in this -- to make the song even more interesting than it all ready is. I've never agreed with a minimalist approach to music, so maybe add another layer of acoustic guitar or other instruments/synths to fill in the gaps during the breaks in the lyrics. I like the acoustic sound, so more guitar added to this would have made it even better for me. Just experiment with different sounds and eventually you'll come up with something that makes the song more full.

I did enjoy listening to this, and in the future you may create something that will catch the attention of industry professionals. Just keep working, improving, and trying out new ideas -- that's the best way to define both you and your music; and to make your work stand out above all the rest.

Good luck in the future!

kynivoid responds:

Thank you, this was very helpful! This track seemed to have more instruments than any of my other songs, so I was afraid it was already too "clunky", I guess. I will keep your advice in mind! In relation to the contest, there's probably not much I can do to upgrade my mic by the next deadline, but I have always wanted to buy a better microphone, and probably will in the future.
Anyway, thanks again!

This song shouts adventure -- a theme that tells me a great journey is about to unfold in some way.

You used each instrument pretty well in this, and I enjoyed the builds; and basically the overall structure of this piece. I am especially a fan of key changes as well, so you get a high five from me for that!

I could go on and on: good use of spic and staccato, the quality sound of the unison of different instruments, the extra cherry on top that's added with the violin performance -- just to name a few.

Please let me know when you compose more orchestral work. I truly enjoyed this piece!

JessieYun responds:

Hi Bosa,
Thank you very much for such detailed and constructive comment. I'm glad you enjoyed this track! And sure, I'd be happy to let you know when new track comes up!

Now this is top notch quality stuff! I could definitely see this in an animation.

DynamixAudio responds:

Thanks! It was originally for a game called The Pedestrian, but I decided to go a little different route with the soundtrack. Thanks for checking it out!

I've come to expect only top notch quality from you, and it's certainly on display here! You're always the go-to when it comes to authentic jazz.

sorohanro responds:

Thanks for your very kind words and constant support.

Newgrounds songs doesn't loop well anymore it would seem -- a side effect to the the new non-flash based system I guess. Unfortunate for loops now, but regardless this song really lifts my spirits. You certainly have a distinctive style that only you can produce, and your melodies always have an emotional feeling to them. If you continue to write with emotion, then people will continue to flock to your music no doubt.

I really cannot think of anything to change or add to this piece. It does remind me of some classics I used to play on the Super Nintendo, but this song has much more depth obviously. I truly enjoyed this one.

Flawless victory as usual. Keep on triggering my nostalgia!

1f1n1ty responds:

Woah Bosa showed up okay

Yeah I noticed the thing with the loops after I uploaded; tis a shame, but it'll be okay I think

My crud always reminds you of Super Nintendo tho that's what you said last time I remember

Does anybody listen to Newgrounds audio anymore? It seems like the amount of listens we get have dropped terribly compared to what it used to be.

hania responds:

I agree; it used to be buzzing as 'the place' to go and discover new music. I'm not sure what the audio portal is about now... I'm guilty of not having been too active on here myself...

I'm not sure why people are hearing shrieking. It sounds fine to me?

Anyway, after I heard that intro I knew I was in for a treat. It's always a good thing to start your song off strong because people today have very short attention spans. If you hook them early, they'll stay for the ride.

I love your style -- a mix of both nostalgia and new techniques. It reminds me of good DOS games I played back in the day with solid soundtracks, but with a modern mix and updated devices. Like I said, I love it.

I also love music that tells a story rather than music that is just placeholder and generic; and this piece definitely tells a story. Much like your earlier track -- Peaks -- the transitions are intricate and balanced well enough to retain my interest, while expressing the feelings and emotions behind a scene. The arrangement and writing is truly skilled in that each instrument has received enough attention that its roles are necessary for the track. In other words, I can tell you worked long and hard on each section of the music.

The instruments have a very distinctive sound. Like ChronoNomad said, relaxing and chilled. If there were any problems with them, then I wasn't able to hear anything. Overall I can say that the instruments are very easy on the ears and I can handle that.

I can see why this song appeals to so many people. Well written, well produced, and released with humility. I hope that you can continue in your success, as I see you growing further as well all are. Truly blessed.

-Jon

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey Bosa, thanks for all the kind words!

DOS games huh I wasn't even alive to see those :P

Ah yes transitions. I guess I've finally gotten to that point where I can consistently command a good transition between very contrasting sections, which was admittedly a long journey to master. Next thing to try is to make consecutive sections sound more like each other so I can avoid doing musical gymnastics to my sound :P

My secret to instruments is pretty much "use presets" which is pretty great as well :P

The best looking composer online.

Jon Babb @Bosa