View Profile Bosa

41 Movie Reviews

What is the music you used in this one?

Flashoons responds:

The piano track was "Touching Moment" by Wayne Jones. I found it in Youtube>Creator Studio>Audio Library. The rest of the sound effects are in the description above. (adding this one there too now)

Definitely reminds me of Mortal Kombat -- the stickman version. In fact, this wouldn't be a bad video game if a developer could pull off the same animations and cool effects. Anyway, the characters are very creatively designed and the 'choreography' is so fun to watch. I look forward to seeing more from you!

AshisAnimation responds:

thanks for liked my work..and yeah this is the 2nd part..and i uploaded already the 1st part here... and now in this days i am busy to create the 3rd part also..and i am sure you will like it too... thanks man :)

Now this is great! I enjoyed the ending as well -- a refreshing break from all the other weird and random submissions. I mean, random and unexpected endings are all right, but it gets old after a while. Good to see the hero win in the end!

27 Game Reviews

I thought I was about to play Escape from Monkey Island when the title screen popped up.. but then I realized I was really about to play a quiz game.

Lare responds:

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

I really enjoyed this game and the message you're wanting to give through it. However, I felt as though the language was unnecessary.

It's an interesting perspective you have of the days after the rapture, and of those left behind. I'm not sure if this game truly glorifies God, but it is fun to play and experience. It's full of suspense, and it has very interesting characters developed throughout. I would recommend this game to anyone curious about Revelations or to anyone looking for a great point and click adventure game.

I love this

I love text-based games like this because it allows your imagination to create the world for you in visualization. I feel like I'm reading an interactive audio book, and it's so easy to put yourself in the game world and into the character's shoes.

I would liked to have heard more diverse music and sound, but of course it is not necessary in order to enjoy this game.

187 Audio Reviews

You should have contacted me and I would have gotten Asja Kadric for you lol

Seriously though, I am glad to hear you guys finished this at last. Very good rendition of one of my favourites of Soule's work.

Step responds:

Right! You've worked with Asja before haven't you? As amazing as it would've been to have her voice in the arrangement, I can't say the current singer didn't do the original justice!

Really awesome to get in touch with you again after so long, Bosa! Thanks a lot for dropping by :).

Now this does tell a story, and it's specific music like this that is useful for certain scenes. What's great about orchestral is the fact that the music can tell any story you want, and you're not restricted by your instruments or the contents of lyrics. As the song progressed, I could really picture the dance scene you described, and that's how you know you've created a good piece.

The strings in this -- particularly the solo violin -- are well written, and you utilized percussion very well to compliment the other instruments. Everything adds a satisfying fullness to the entire track.

Here are a few things you may improve on:

The production quality is very good, though I would have liked a little more reverb without going overboard.

As far as instrumentation, everything is great except a minor issue -- the snare/field drum is just a bit too loud -- percussion blends much better as instruments in the background, and that's why they're usually the ones in the back of the room. The celesta and glockenspiel combination works really well for this song. The break at 1:19 was a stroke of genius and really adds to the atmosphere.

Overall, I really enjoyed listening to this. Just keep working hard, improving, and trying out new ideas -- that's the best way to define both you and your music; and to make your work stand out above all the rest.

Everratic responds:

I'm always happy to hear when my songs are able to depict a story. Just a year ago, I had no idea how to do that.

I agree that this could use more reverb. I think using reverb minimally is a bad habit I carried over from the days when I primarily made electronic music. I should definitely experiment more with reverb to see what I can get away with.

I see what you mean by the snare being too upfront. There's one vst that I have that lets me easily choose the location of each percussive element within the room; I should use it more often.

It's interesting that you and someone else love the part at 1:19, because I didn't love it at first because I thought that the melody there could have been more interesting. But in hindsight, I think I understand why it works so well.

Thank you so much for the nice review!.

This has a very unique style to it, and has a good lyric structure.

Here are a few things you may improve on:

I know good recording equipment is quite expensive, but if you get some financial excess, you should consider investing in high quality mics. You can clean up the overall sound in your mastering and editing, but you'll have a more broadcast ready quality to your audio if you have higher quality mics.

I also wanted to hear more instruments in this -- to make the song even more interesting than it all ready is. I've never agreed with a minimalist approach to music, so maybe add another layer of acoustic guitar or other instruments/synths to fill in the gaps during the breaks in the lyrics. I like the acoustic sound, so more guitar added to this would have made it even better for me. Just experiment with different sounds and eventually you'll come up with something that makes the song more full.

I did enjoy listening to this, and in the future you may create something that will catch the attention of industry professionals. Just keep working, improving, and trying out new ideas -- that's the best way to define both you and your music; and to make your work stand out above all the rest.

Good luck in the future!

StealthyNine responds:

Thank you, this was very helpful! This track seemed to have more instruments than any of my other songs, so I was afraid it was already too "clunky", I guess. I will keep your advice in mind! In relation to the contest, there's probably not much I can do to upgrade my mic by the next deadline, but I have always wanted to buy a better microphone, and probably will in the future.
Anyway, thanks again!

8 Art Reviews

This is great! You certainly are talented with your work. Beautiful art by a beautiful artist.

The bridge leading to Sanctuary?

SevenSeize responds:

It is that bridge :-)

and thank you!

Your work never ceases to amaze me. I don't know how you do it, but there's no doubt in my mind that you're a pro.

Giedrius responds:

Oh thank you. I'm not a pro just yet. There are so many things I still have to learn and improve.

Love it! Your work never ceases to amaze me.

Giedrius responds:

Thank you very much!

Listen to my music and make your day a little more epic.

Jon Babb @Bosa