Not So Smiley Not So Smiley

Excellent choice of music, lol. It brings me back to my younger days. I see the potential for some really great work from you in the future, and I am excited to see what you come up with next!

Without dialogue, you really have to pay attention to what's going on in order to understand the plot, but otherwise it was an enjoyable experience. Again, I look forward to your future work.

Psynical responds:

Thanks ^-^, im making improvement everytime, and the original plan was to have diolouge but not with my microphone. Im currently working on a project for picoday so make sure to watch that when im finished

guilty pleasure guilty pleasure

Very good point. Most people are too afraid to be themselves when around others, and our preference in music is often distorted by our desire to fit in.

By the way, Casting Crowns may not be my favorite Christian band, but I think you're cool for including them in the animation. Now, I'm off to listen to some sexy smooth jazz songs.

tylerghardin responds:

oh yeah, I'm no casting crowns fan. I went to a Christian school and their music got played ad infinitum. so basically I had to like them! I still like a couple of their songs, to be truthful.

and I'm very glad you liked it! thanks for the review!

ZEEFO.exe ZEEFO.exe

Excellent work on this, man. However, it should not be rated E due to the language.

Shipwreck Survivor Shipwreck Survivor

I thought I was about to play Escape from Monkey Island when the title screen popped up.. but then I realized I was really about to play a quiz game.

Lare responds:

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

Vorago Vorago

I really enjoyed this game and the message you're wanting to give through it. However, I felt as though the language was unnecessary.

It's an interesting perspective you have of the days after the rapture, and of those left behind. I'm not sure if this game truly glorifies God, but it is fun to play and experience. It's full of suspense, and it has very interesting characters developed throughout. I would recommend this game to anyone curious about Revelations or to anyone looking for a great point and click adventure game.

Dead Frontier: Outbreak Dead Frontier: Outbreak

I love this

I love text-based games like this because it allows your imagination to create the world for you in visualization. I feel like I'm reading an interactive audio book, and it's so easy to put yourself in the game world and into the character's shoes.

I would liked to have heard more diverse music and sound, but of course it is not necessary in order to enjoy this game.

Be My Super Hero Be My Super Hero

Does anybody listen to Newgrounds audio anymore? It seems like the amount of listens we get have dropped terribly compared to what it used to be.

hania responds:

I agree; it used to be buzzing as 'the place' to go and discover new music. I'm not sure what the audio portal is about now... I'm guilty of not having been too active on here myself...

Is This a Cover, Bitch? Is This a Cover, Bitch?

Hey, isn't this a cover of Dj-Ri's work? I hope he doesn't dox you and everybody in these comments.

4cat responds:

lmao

Fuck that little pussy bitch! I hope he tries

Seres Seres

I'm not sure why people are hearing shrieking. It sounds fine to me?

Anyway, after I heard that intro I knew I was in for a treat. It's always a good thing to start your song off strong because people today have very short attention spans. If you hook them early, they'll stay for the ride.

I love your style -- a mix of both nostalgia and new techniques. It reminds me of good DOS games I played back in the day with solid soundtracks, but with a modern mix and updated devices. Like I said, I love it.

I also love music that tells a story rather than music that is just placeholder and generic; and this piece definitely tells a story. Much like your earlier track -- Peaks -- the transitions are intricate and balanced well enough to retain my interest, while expressing the feelings and emotions behind a scene. The arrangement and writing is truly skilled in that each instrument has received enough attention that its roles are necessary for the track. In other words, I can tell you worked long and hard on each section of the music.

The instruments have a very distinctive sound. Like ChronoNomad said, relaxing and chilled. If there were any problems with them, then I wasn't able to hear anything. Overall I can say that the instruments are very easy on the ears and I can handle that.

I can see why this song appeals to so many people. Well written, well produced, and released with humility. I hope that you can continue in your success, as I see you growing further as well all are. Truly blessed.

-Jon

1f1n1ty responds:

Hey Bosa, thanks for all the kind words!

DOS games huh I wasn't even alive to see those :P

Ah yes transitions. I guess I've finally gotten to that point where I can consistently command a good transition between very contrasting sections, which was admittedly a long journey to master. Next thing to try is to make consecutive sections sound more like each other so I can avoid doing musical gymnastics to my sound :P

My secret to instruments is pretty much "use presets" which is pretty great as well :P

Bellona and Legatus Bellona and Legatus

Your work never ceases to amaze me. I don't know how you do it, but there's no doubt in my mind that you're a pro.

Giedrius responds:

Oh thank you. I'm not a pro just yet. There are so many things I still have to learn and improve.

The Guardian Legend fan-art The Guardian Legend fan-art

Love it! Your work never ceases to amaze me.

Giedrius responds:

Thank you very much!

Space Bunnies Space Bunnies

You never cease to amaze me, man. I hope that one day we may be part of some great project.

AlvinHew responds: