s w i r l s w i r l

You're still my #1 bro!

Prelude Prelude

Excellent background music! Wow, I didn't even realize it was looping. I don't know what it is, but I really enjoy this piece. Reminds me of some dramatic scenes in some TV shows I watched when I was younger.

Dream Haunting Dream Haunting

One of my favourites by you. Ghost Motel is very special to me, and I would love to see a continuation of the series someday.

I may cover this song myself in the future.

Traceur Traceur

Great sounding song with enough suspense and percussion to drive the momentum forward. I believe this has potential for use in any number of TV shows, games, or commercial spots as it's perfect for the background music they are always looking for.

You should consider pitching your best music to a music supervisor or production library!

MactaMendax responds:

:D Thank you so much for your review, Bosa!

Snow Fight - Snowman´s Tale Snow Fight - Snowman´s Tale

Only three reviews? I think Newgrounds is really losing its charm.

SoundChris responds:

Thanks for your support bro!

(NUB)To the Moon (NUB)To the Moon

I have no idea what's happening, but I like it. The repetitive nature of the song is actually refreshing for me as you seem to do something new after each line. There is something familiar about this song to me, like I've heard something similar in one of those old side scrollers I played as a kid. In fact, I can see this being used in a game of some sort. Maybe a fight in Earthbound or something.

The various wave effects, distortion, and semi-flat tones add plenty of color to the track. You are quite good, sir!

Sunshine (Cover) Sunshine (Cover)

Of course your work never ceases to impress me. I need to make more music closer to your film trailer style, but I could never come close to your level of expertise.

EvilRaccoon responds:

No way! You've got a lot of versatility in you and you really know your way around an orchestra. I spend a lot of time in synths these days making sounds then blending them a lot. But you've got much more orchestral composing skills than i do, so in my mind you have far greater ability to pull something far superior off. This type of sound has become really mainstream for trailers, but it's just for the fun factor is great to play with. :D

Thanks so much for your complements, it's so incredibly encouraging to have you post on my tracks. :)

~~= King of the Portal =~~ ~~= King of the Portal =~~

This song reminds me of the Underworld Bar music from the original Deus Ex, which I played extensively on the PC.

I really love the novel melody you've come up with and the synth/instruments chosen is very nostalgic for me. You don't make your music overly complicated, which is a refreshing change from what I'm used to hearing, and it makes your work easier for me to analyze lol.

I hope you keep producing more! It's been a long time since we've seen anything new around here, so I hope you will continue with your work!

Ice Cream Carousel Ice Cream Carousel

I always love hearing your musical style and I really can't wait to hear what you come up with next.

I think the saxophone blends in well with the rest of the instruments; it's almost soothing. You may be a future Danny Elfman one day for all I know, but for now I can sit back and enjoy your simple stylized pieces. The carousel/circus theme is your trademark style I believe, and I enjoy ever minute of it.

The Other Side The Other Side

"This is quite abstract and surreal," was the first thought that came to my mind after I hit play. Makes me wonder what is on this 'other side' of the world you've created.

The author comments would have been ideal to explain your reasoning behind this song in more detail, but you may have simply wanted to keep us guessing or come up with our own reasons why, which is ok because I would do the same thing.

Since the song is short, I've been listening to it on loop to try and get a better understanding of what's going on. The brushing sound that is prevalent throughout the track almost sounds like ocean waves, or wind rustling through palm leaves. I think to the layman, this is just a short piece, but to me I believe you've put quite a bit of thought into your work and I am thankful that Newgrounds still has musicians like yourself contributing their talents.

Excellent work as always.

larrynachos responds:

It's a difficult thing, explaining my music, because I'm not completely sure of what it means myself. When I compose, I compose around what I'm feeling, and I don't worry about how a listener interprets it because no matter how hard I try to explain it nobody will ever really understand what I mean.

I'm at a pretty stressful and confusing point in my life, and in some ways this song reflects that. The ambience is in reverse to represent a sort of chaotic regression as I'm thrown into the unfamiliar territory of adulthood. The deep water sound in the background represents drowning, which is a feeling I get frequently nowadays. The brushing sound was indeed supposed to be waves, but it also can represent air/breathing.

Although, that's just one possible interpretation of it. I also like to think it has a more phantasmagorical or clairvoyant meaning, but I can't find the right words to explain it. The title "The Other Side" refers to a reoccurring dream world I sometimes find myself in, frequently associated with water. Sometimes it's a beach, sometimes it's in deep, dimly lit water, and sometimes it's in an ice place at night. It's quiet and serene, and I feel at ease. I don't fully understand it, but it's in my head a lot and I think this song best embodies it.

That's probably too much thought to be putting into a song, huh? I'm really glad you like it, Bosa. Thank you so much for the review!